- 400 ml (1¾ cup) milk
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) water
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream
- pinch of salt
- pinch of turmeric for color
- I sift flour to a bowl, add baking powder, salt, sugar, and turmeric.
- I mix water, milk and cooking oil in another bowl.
- I slowly pour the liquids into the prepared dry ingredients and beat into smooth batter.
- I carefully spoon whipped cream in and use immediately for best results – baking light, fluffy crepes.
- For the ‘sauce’, I squeeze 2 or 3 oranges.
- I pour the juice to a wide and shallow pan, add sugar and bring to a boil. I cook for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- I fold pancakes into triangles and put them in the syrup. I serve them when they are completely soaked in this orange deliciousness.
- crepe batter
- caster sugar
- I remove the cores from whole apples and cut the apples into rings.
- I dip them in the crepe batter and fry.
- I sprinkle with caster sugar and cinnamon.